Thursday, January 10, 2019

I Am Rather Opinionless on Kamala Harris

I don't have much of an opinion on Kamala Harris and her bid for President. I don't really know enough about her, she rose to prominence after I left California. I am not negative towards her, but also not positive. She was very good (or very bad depending on your position) in the Kavaugh hearings, but that isn't enough of sample for me.

President Trump gets flustered, bitter and racist when dealing with women of color, so it would be a particularly ugly campaign and a bitter loss for either side. I am not sure that is the best thing for the country. But I an uncomfortable letting a racist determine who should run.

I am not sure she is progressive enough to inspire voters, but I am sure that her recent movement towards overt progressive positions smack of political expediency. I suppose we will see.