Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Latest Crop: Klobuchar, Booker and Warren

So, in a semi-random series, we are looking again at 3 candidates for the Democratic Presidential Primary (which starts a mere 11 months from now in snowy Iowa...).


We will start with Amy Klobuchar. She is running towards the center of the Democratic party. Hoping to get people who are afraid that a too liberal candidate will help Donald Trump's reelection.  I get it.

But I don't need a namby-pamby center of the road candidate. The government will force a center of the road discipline, so I like an honest person. The good news there is Ms. Klobuchar seems very real and honest in her centrist views.

She is also, apparently, a tryanical boss. That doesn't particular bother me, except that it means the bitter ex-employees might fly out of the wood-work. The fact that all her news after the announcement was about her temper and work habits is not comforting.


Cory Booker is a New Jersey Senator. His roll out has been great. He is well spoken and intelligent. I thought he was a bit of a grand-stander during the Supreme Court hearings for the Frat Boy, but it was well played.

He is probably tough enough to stand-up to Trump, but that same toughness might frighten some people. The Candidate Obama was the perfect mesh of intelligent and non-threatening. I think Cory won't look quite so good in comparison. That isn't a reason to rule him out, I'm just saying he suffers in the comparison.

He was the Mayor of Newark and, despite his positive record in the city, Newark has a reputation as a bit of a shit-hole, so that won't help him. I am not thrilled with him, nor and I against him. I'll wait and see.





No.

Her roll out sucked. She is stiff and too wonky. I would (and will) say the same thing about Bernie Sanders; I'm not trying to be sexist or ageist, but just no.

She rose to the bait of Donald Trump and that pretty much strikes her out for me.