Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Is Kasich Good or Just Adequate in a Year Where the Threshold is Very Very Low?

Not his normal Karate Chop hands
So in listening to the (Republican) debates, I tend to lean towards John Kasich.  I just wonder if it is because he is reasonable, or in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King?
.
He doesn't poll particular well in Ohio (where he is Governor), but that is a trait of each Governor in this race.  I know he is very conservative, particularly with regards to women's rights - but he says some intelligent things on a raise in the minimum wage and on immigration.
.
So he seems reasonable, for a Republican.  I hope he does well.  Because - well, I would like a choice this November.  And I would like it between 2 people that might reasonably perform as President.