Thursday, July 26, 2018

The Cloisters and the Met's Heavenly Bodies Collection


Every year the Met now juxtaposes fashion with the artistic inspirations. Sometimes it is amazing (the Chinese Art) and sometimes so-so (technology). This year the show is Heavenly Bodies and discusses how the Catholic Church has influences fashion.



Usually these show are at the main Metropolitan Museum, but this year - because of the theme - there were many pieces at the Cloisters, which was started from Rockafeller's collection of religious art and architecture. Ed and I took Ed's parents there while they were visiting.  It was cool.





I will say, I have never seen the Cloisters SO busy. Usually it is a quiet place, given over to reflection and solitude. This show really pumped up the attendance. I liked it since the more people that see this amazing place the better.



And, of course, there is the planters outside which make my heart warm and fuzzy.