Wednesday, July 28, 2004

What a great way to start the day...

So, this morning I am on a conference call.  On this call, I have to give status on a European project, for which the UK is the lead business.  This has been a two year project, cost millions of dollars and has been cause for European managers to threaten, cajole and berate us to complete it on time.  Well we are two months early.  It is ready to roll.

Europe in general, and the UK in particular, decided that they don't have the time to test it.  They are going to move it out a year.  On to a new software platform.  So, thanx everyone for working overtime, for testing in the US and India, for facing the wrath of developers every day as we make them bust their pick to get this done - but ... "whoops".  Sure, they told us that 1/1/2005 was a hard date.  A drop dead date.   A date they couldn't move because they would face huge penalties.  A my-oh-my we have to make it date.

Now... not so much.

They are killing me!

And, Ann Coulter is driving the level of communication in this country up a notch (as per usual).  She has described democrats as "Spawn of Satan".  I wonder why the USA Today spiked her column.