Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hello and Goodbye from Hong Kong

Well, I am here in Hong Kong. Actually I have been here a while, but I have had meetings and such so I haven't gotten to my mail or nincompoopery.

Okay okay. Not just meetings. When I arrived on Tuesday I slept and then got a massage. Okay a massage and a facial - but it has been a busy set of weeks with work. Sue me!

Hong Kong is, by the by, right now hovering over the 7th circle of hell. If you check the weather, it says Hong Kong is 35C. 35C sounds pleasent. It is not. 35c is about 100 degrees. And about 120 % humidity. I mean the desert is hot - oven hot. But this place is sauna hot. And there is no way out of it. Except in the buildings. And, like Atlanta, they want to prove they have air-conditoning. So it is set to like 50 degrees. You wear long sleaves and t-shirts because the rooms ar ecold, but you sweat like a who-er in church as you make your way to the meetings.

Speaking of who-ers in church, I am remind of Lauren and my honey last night. For about 3 hours, in the middle of the night we had terrific rain storms here with thunder and lightening (we missed the typhoon, but apparently got a little of the edge here). Eddie and Lauren loved thunder and lightening (I think it is some mid-west thing I missed out on).

I leave today ( it is about 4:45 AM Thursday here). I have a few meetings at 9:30 - 12:00, then I race back to the hotel, pack up and go to the airport. I land two hours before I leave (lord love the dateline). So I should be backin LA this afternoon - per the clock, and about 26 hours from now per my body. So anyways - I'll see you all later.