Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ah.. The Joys of a non-swing state

So moving from California to New York was nice because it was from a "solid" voting state to another "solid" voting state.
.
I don't care if it is Democratic State to Democratic State, or Democratic to Republican.  It is just nice not to have 24 x 7 political commercials.   Having them on the national news and the occasional cable show is bad enough.  If I was living in Minnesota (which was thought to be a swing state for a while) like poor John and Sue or Don and Jo, I might have my head explode.  And I can't even imagine Ursula, with extra pounds and hormones enjoying the constant backbiting of it all (hang in there Carson).

.
Come to think of it, Wisconsin was thought to be in play for a while too and Phil and Julie probably got a lot of ads.
.
But probably the worst off is our little Lynnie.  She moved from California, the blue-ist of the blue to Ohio, the swingy-ist of the the swing states.  Arg!!!
.
I heard Montana might be moving to swing state too, so I can imagine my mother is enjoying interruptions in her viewing habits.
.
All I can say is it will be all over in less than 3 weeks.  Yeah!  Either way we are probably in for hard times, but at least we won't have to see them on our TV screens all the time.