Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Mascot of March: The Dodo

It is a large, flightless, extinct bird. Is a bird who's time has passed. It was killed when men went to Mauritius and clubbed them to death.

One who's time has passed. One who could not adapt to the world.



The Dodo is Mascot of the Month because I turn 50 this month. I feel as obsolete and anachronistic as a Dodo. I cannot (and choose not) to relate the hip-hop music and culture. I will not knuckle under to the fascist control of twitter. I do not carry my cellphone because almost no one has to get in touch with me that badly. And the one that does (Eddie) knows I don't carry my cellphone.
.
I am Scott. I am 50 this month. I remember the Dodo because I will not let the annoyances of the world, the screaming throngs on the streets, the snow, splatter films, the constant use explitives when perfectly acceptable words are available, ass-crack pants, Judge Judy and Rush Limbaugh beat me to death. I will not be a Dodo. I will go out kicking and screaming.
.
And, perhaps it is time to remind everyone the words that I want on my headstone.
.
Scott Mitchell
I Blame You.