Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just because you can, should you?


Avatar?

.
Now part of me thinks, this could be a fun movie. But it is basically a Computer Generated Movie - with some live bits thrown in.
.
Granted, an amazing Computer Generated Movie, but still...
.
Just because you CAN do something, it doesn't mean y0u SHOULD do something. Unlike most of opinions, I think I will wait and see if it is any good first - if only because James Cameron has a great track record in movies that I wondered about at first (Titanic, Terminator 2).

(Many of you know how rare it is for me to hold back just because I don't have all the information. I am the King of Snap Judgements. Granted, it isn't as exalted a title as the King Of Pop - but I have been working on it just as long.)
.
So this has a chance to be good. It also has a change to be James Cameron's $200 million pet wet dream gone awry.