Saturday, September 25, 2010

Once Upon a Time (A Different Time)

Once upon a time....
.
a long time ago...
.
Scooter had the bestest car in the world. A Blue CRX-HF (high fuel efficentcy) that once got 52 MPG from LA to Vegas (with a big ass tail wind - but still!). Oh sure, it had a tiny engine (1.0 L - really 1.0! less than a Harley) but it was tiny and light and fun fun fun to drive.
.

Of course, it got old and paid off. And Scooter, being young and dumb, decided to trade it in on something new and SUVier.



And Scooter regretted ever since.
.
And now.... NOW ... now that Scooter can't have wheels (for you kids in the audience that is old hipster speak for a cool car) - Honda has brought the CRX back. This time as a Hybrid and called it a CRZ -but it's a lie.
.
It is a CRX, updated to today's style and with a hybrid engine. And - although I can't have it (they ride close to the ground and it would get beat to death in New York- even if I could afford to garage it - which I can't) - so even though I don't really want one, I want it.
.
I don't actually want to have it here. There are no hairpin turns - no Hollywood Hills to drive - no Mullholland to play on - so no, I don't really want one.
.
But I want one.