Saturday, October 16, 2010

Stupid Code Orange

I think this whole "Terror" alert thing has given stupid rent-a-cops more power than they deserve.
.
Today I was working at the Broadway Office, which was one of the first great AT&T Headquarters. Well, AT&T is long gone, but we are there now with a few other companies. So this wall statue thingy is in the lobby.
.
I go to take a picture with my iPhone and 3 Rent-a-cops descend on my like I just shot Mother Teresa!
.
Apparently they were screaming at me, but my music was drowning them out.
.
So, anyway, here is the artwork, which is really cool.
.
But why is there some crazy ass "no picture" rule? When I asked I was told it has been in place since 9/11. Because, apparently, the terrorist want to blow up wall art?
.
WTF?
.
Anyway, select the picture to expand, it is very cool artwork.
.
Of course, like any good Mitchell or DeYoung, once I was told no pictures I also snapped a few of the lobby chandeliers. Pretty huh?