Thursday, October 18, 2012

Things I learned in LA


 
So, I did learn a lot about what has changed and what hasn't changed in Los Angeles since I lived here.  It wasn't all sunshine and unicorns.
First, LA drivers STILL know how to drive better than anywhere else.  I was going down La Cienega at morning rush hour and the two right lanes were closed.  You know how people merged? Lane 1, Lane 2, Lane 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, etc. WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT YOU IDIOTS BACK EAST?!
Second, there are no more bookstores in Los Angeles.  It is a sad sad thing.
Third, flip flops are SO OVER.  The cool kids all wear tennis shoes now (unfortunately with mis-matched socks, but whatevs).  I think New York and all those boys with hairy toes need to pick up on this trend toute - f'ing sweet.
Fourth, the 405 from Westwood to Irvine at noon is SWEET.  Ditto the 5 from Irvine back to West Hollywood at 9 PM!
Fifth, only in LA in October wil, the forecast say, "slightly cloudy at the beach tomorrow, high only into the 70s".  I miss it.
Finally, as noted in the picture, the LA sculpture garden has a new Serra Sculpture titled T.E.U.C.L.A.  It's right past the Rodain.