Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteran's Day Thanks to Nick

It's Veteran's Day today.  And I know of may veterans that are doing great things (Team Rubicon comes to mind).  But I wanted to be a little more specific today.
.
My Mom's husband Nick is a vet from Vietnam.  It was an ugly war, with ugly scars and it taught Americans how not to treat Veterans by the shitty way we treated them.
.
So I say Thank You to Nick.  He stood up and served when many did not.  And he has always honored that service by taking that ethic into all phases of his life.  Let's face it, living with  my Mom can't be easy (I kid, I kid because I love...).
.
Actually, he has been fantastic to my Mom - she hasn't been happier.  And he is great with Ed and I.  He loves dogs.  He build the house pictured below.  And he is just a great guy to hang with.  So Thank You for a lot of things.  Happy Veterans Day.
.
Nick, the dog and Eddie.  From our trip to Montana in July.  Nick built this house (with a little help from my mom and an electrician).