Thursday, December 17, 2015

I Find Myself Torn

I find myself torn here after getting this flyer.
.
You see I LOVE Ben Whishaw.  I have seen him in a show or two live, and he is great.
.
And, Ivo Van Hove is, like, the "IT" director right now.  And I did love his work in "A View From the Bridge".
.
But then there is an original score by Philip Glass - American master.  uggg.  To me, he takes his name too seriously and his music sounds like him throwing glass on the ground over and over.
.
And then there is the whole "Salem Witch Trials" thing as an allegory.
.
So you see, torn.
.
Oh, don't get me wrong.  I'll go.  I would watch Ben Whishaw in a Ivo Van Hove play even if it is was Rocky and Bullwinkle Take Manhattan (for you Brits, substitue "a panto version of Cats").  But I will complain later.
.
Smiley face.