Wednesday, December 23, 2015

San Francisco - Back From Same

Well, I was giving a training class in San Francisco on Monday and Tuesday.  What is amazing is how much has changed.  The area around where I used to work is completely different.  New apartments, a new Stadium, new hotels, new offices.  Wow!
.
I walked around and saw 2 things I must share.  And two other things I will share in words.
.
1) I have become a little too New Yorkie over time.  I would stand on the corner and traffic was stopped (gridlocked) and I would cross and think "Move it, idiots."  And they would just stare at me like sheep.  And I remember that in California we walk for a walk sign (which is a giant waste of time!).  And they just looked at me like I was a Martian.
.
2) They cannot do anything without a cell phone.  I mean, I thought it was bad here or bad with teen-agers.  But at dinner, on a date, at breakfast, at meetings.  The cell-phones are out, ubiquitous and just rude.
.
Not news, but the weather still sucks.  When it was raining (and often when it was) it was overcast and foggy.  It was about 54 degrees and the parkas were out.  Which, again, is probabnly a little too New York judgy, but whatever.
.
Okay - NOT everything changes.  I worked on the 4th floor of that very building for Veon.

Loved the Deco decoration of the Marine Fireman's Union.