Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Problem with Comfort Food

The problem, as I see it, is in my comfort food. You see, this would all be easier if I ate chicken noodle soop when I was sick. Or if I had a craving for a burger. But no...

While it truely sucks to be sick away from home, the matter is made even worse when there isn't a Beef Enchilada within 5,000 miles (I think I saw one in Sydney once). So I have been stuck here in Hong Kong sick - with no Beef Enchiladas.

And I don't mean pulled beef with chipolta's. No way Jose. When I am sick I like a nice ground beef enchilada with red sauce. Bland and yummy. With refried beans, with cheese melted on top and rice next to it. And you shouldn't eat the rice and beans, but screw it you're sick so you goup them up with the tortilla chips (which you also shouldn't eat, but I said I was sick so shut up already little horrible voice in my head).

And, while it may not be a scrabble word, you all knew what I meant when I said "goup them up"".

I am just waiting for them to call me to my plane now. They won't. I know I am going to get diarreha on the plane. And there is no sleepy tynlenol here in Hong Kong and I forgot my ambian - so I am going to take Xanex and hope I sleep.

ps - After 12 hours in the plane, right before we land they are gonig to offer us breakfast. You know what breakfast is on Cathy Pacific. Omlet with mushroom gravy, or rice porridge (called Conge) or Dim Sum. Really if I have to face one more set of Dim Sum or Noodles I am going to heave.