Monday, July 11, 2005

10PM pm a Wierd Ass Sunday

So - be pre-warned this is a wierd ass post. I moves all over the map on tone and time and feelings. Which, I guess, is me right now.

Let's start with the worst - and a lesson for us all. You know that wierd ass neighbor. The stoned one that knows everything and talks a lot. The one you love. Well, we have one of those. And she has had a bad month. Her dog died about 3 weeks ago. Then, Friday night her husband died. (I said it was a bad month).

I just got back from Elizabeth's house. And she is that wierd ass nieghbor. And I would do almost anything for her. As would the block. There have been friends and nieghbors there all week-end. And, the good thing, we weren't all stuck for words. I mean - we knew Elizabeth and Bill. That isn't what he would want.

And, dead boyfriend and all, I get to talk from a place of "getting it". I think I helped. My guess is that the next few weeks are the worst. I'll be there as much as I can.

Eddie called from England to talk to her - and that meant a lot. Not "that he called", but that we care. I don't know how to explain it. I love Elizabeth - she is a cross between your mom and that stoner friend you had in college.

Okay - other stuff is going on, but it doesn't seem right to follow that up with something fun or funny - so I will wait until tomorrow to post.

But I am glad I could be there for her a little. I am glad that Ed could be there for her a little.

It doesn't hurt to be that crazy lady on the block. It doesn't hurt to be the person that cares - of even being nice to the person that cares.

LA is a big city where you don't know your nieghbors. I am really glad that isn't my LA. It isn't my block. And isn't me or Eddie. I guess I am really glad I am as lucky as I am. And I am glad I (or Ed) have you guys (you know who you are).

Okay - goodnight. (And Eddie, I miss you too).