Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Quite Interesting

How painful is it for me to admit that an ATM conference was quite interesting. I know, card goes in money comes out. But all in all - very interesting and informative (which I will not bore you with).

Also interesting was the reception I received. It wasn't until the 9th or 10th person cam eup to introduce themselves that I got it. At first I thought it was the whole Citibank thang. I mean I work at a potential gold mine of sales. But that wasn't it.

For lack of a better way to say it, all the Brits that run many of these things in Asia don't hang out with the colonials so much. I may be many things, but here in Kuala Lumpur I am not Asian, nor a female and therefore I am defacto in the Old Boys Club. It is quite odd.

Even odder because I can speak of England, and the pressing problems of their network and smart cards - so I even sound like I belong.

Pleasent and Creepy all at the same time.

By Jove I'm off now. Pip pip and G'day Maury Pop'ns (joke for Lisa).