Tuesday, July 11, 2006

ok, it is time to rip the band-aide off

Alright, I'm done with the boo-dee-hoo. Seriously.

Yes, I'm still sick to my stomach when I think about the pups. I miss them terribly, but I know they are happy and finally comfortable. It is amazing what you see in hindsight...It makes me love Ashford even more knowing that he was trying to figure out if we would be alright if he left. And that Hastings was hanging around waiting for Ashford. Amazing boys. You may say I'm projecting, and I'd tell you that you are absolutely wrong. I'm SO happy that they never knew life without the other, yet I'm in tears writing this.

that was the hardest, and now I'll continue....

I'm also sick of being bummed out about leaving the house I love. When we bought it, it was like the 200th house we saw, and it was acceptable only when I realized that we could not afford a house that was "finished". We loved the house because we made it our house. We can do that again.

I'm tired of feeling like we've made people unhappy because we are moving. Most of us have moved a zillion times throughout our lives, and it usually sucks. Yet, we still touch the ones we love, and will continue to do so. We will all be fine if we take the time to reach out and still care. I'm game.

I'm done with being concerned about taking a leap into the GE&NBC world. It is not Hollywood, Disneyland and Seagrams. But it is not angry 3-Day walkers in a hurricane in Atlanta either (oh my God, what a nightmare)!! I will be easily in my comfort zone and as for Scott, they have asked him to work for them wherever he is living. How can you ask for more, other than not working - sorry Scooter, but you know you'd be bored for at least a while :-).

I walked into the most depressing hotel room Sunday night at midnight. I could not believe how small and stale it was. And then again, I'm staying in a hotel off of Time Square, and working to work on the 51st floor of Rockefeller Center. That really doesn't suck.

Now....I want to move into a new home with Scooter and Trevor as soon as we can rip the band-aide off. Let's get on with it.

I am thrilled to watch Trevor chase absolutely everything in Central Park. He is going to LOVE it!! I am excited to find places in NY that tourists don't have time to find. And I'm excited to create a new home here with Scott.

I'm finally there. Let's rip the band-aide off. This is going to be fun.

Ed