Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Okay, I know this is a little weird but...

Okay, let's review. Scott was born, raised and lived most of his life in LA. Right? So there are things I was used to.

When I took geography in high school was the first time I learned that it rains in the summer in most of the country (LA has a relatively rare weather pattern shared with Perth Australia, Santiago Chile, Capetown South Africa and the Mediterrian). If you grow up that way you assume every place is like that.

Then you get older and you realize that places are very different. And the little things are no longer strange. But... every now and then something really hits you.

Which brings me to fake knockers. In LA there is a plethora of fake knockers. Even the paper talks about how now girls get them as high school graduation presents. I did not realize how geogrraphically limited this really is. New York is NOT full of fake breasts. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of large breasted women here, but they are generally big. The skinny little thangs in New York have no boobs.

And the big ones here are real and jiggle. And!!!! And!!! You are not suppose to stare.

In LA, you'e encouraged to admire the handiwork. It's disconcerting. I got used to the crowds, the subways, the humidity, but this is almost too much to get my brain around.