Thursday, December 21, 2006

Powdered Sugar, we meet again..

Powdered Sugar, we meet again…

So in the coffee room some one had brought in Christmas cookies, including thos cute little ones with powdered sugar.

Now, I don’t really know a lot of people on the floor here. I am kind of a guest. But I love these cookies. So the first cup of coffee, I ignore the plate. It is, no doubt, for their friends.

But at 11 I am starving and I know they are there. So I go get a cup of coffee. And the cookies on the table call to me. “Scott, we’re unloved and lonely.” “Scott, just one cookie no one will know.” “It’s okay, they are for everybody.”

So, as I walk by I grab one and on my way out of the coffee room I pop it into my mouth. It’s a little too big in one bite, so I have to open my mouth a tiny bit chew it into 2 pieces. But since my mouth is open, I accidentally breath in. Powdered sugar.

Time stands still as I feel the powdered sugar in my lungs. There is only one choice, we all know that. But I try to hold it back, play threw the pain, not let anybody see….

All to no avail. I cough and powdered sugar, cookie parts and a little spittle fly across the office. Luckily only 2 assistants are here today in the bull pen area. Unluckily, they both sit across from the coffee room and I got cookie guts into one’s cube and into the other’s back.
I sit, dejected and cookie-less in my office.