Thursday, May 24, 2007

Whaaa??? (Lost and American Idol wrap it up)

May I admit to enjoying Lost. I didn't really like the first season, I got into the second season and I have loved this season.

And yet. And yet. The seasons finale should make me hate it. It answers no questions (well, kind of answers one, but not really). But it doesn't make me hate it. In fact, I kind of liked the season finale.

I will say nothing as the only people I know who watch it are in England and maybe haven't seen the finale yet (but they bootleg the US version anyway - so all will be revelled (or not) within hours). But with Lost, you can't really give spoilers. They could have told you everything that was going to be in the finale ahead of time and you would still watch it and go, Whaaa?

And how does anyone recognize Walt - who's last 3 years of puberty has supposedly happened in 40 days?

And.. to change subjects, the last song totally worked for Jordan and you knew Blake was going to lose when they bring out a final song called "This is my now". He should dye his hair blond again and change his name to "Blade" and rolled his eyes at the inanity of the lyrics. Of course this is our "now"; and yesterday's are - I think by their very definition - in the past. These are not revelations about truth, these are.. how do you Americans say.. the meanings of the words. It's like someone put the freakin' dictionary to music.