Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How does one explain…


How do I explain, in a world that’s constantly changing….

See, I want to believe that I am not old and jaded. But I am. And I know that my lack of enthusiasm for Barak Obama is due to past history. I’m old.

I remember back when most people I knew were convinced George McGovern was going to beat Richard Nixon. It was 1972 and I was in high school. I remember my first Presidential vote was for John Anderson because Carter had already conceded to Ronald Regan. I remember the excitement as we knew Tom Bradley was going to be the first Black Governor of California. I remember the excitement and hope and desire and the crash of reality in a ton of contests. (Although not John Kerry, because I thought he was a boob.)

And I wish I could be excited for Barak Obama. But… But…

But : 1. I am pretty sure that he won't be elected. He's a black man, from a black racist church and the general electorate won't play nice like the Democrats have (for the most part).

And 2. I see the excitement, but not a plan for action. I don’t think that a dream is enough to elect someone for.

And I know, that makes me old and jaded.

I have never felt older and more jaded.
I hope in November I am proved old and jaded, because McCain has already told us to get ready for a lot more wars. And Mr. McCain is why I haven’t been behind Barak. I don’t want McCain (although I like him better than most Republicans) and the old realist in me believes that Barak as a nominee will lead to John McCain as President.
I going to go have some prune juice now and maybe have a good b.m.