Monday, June 23, 2008

Not Just a Klutz

What amazes me is not just that I am a klutz.  No, I am a world class professional klutz.
.
Let's say you, a klutz in training, brought a bottle of water into the room to drink.  You might spill, drop it and pick it up before too much runs out.
.
If you are thinking ahead, you might put the top on so not too much slips out.
.
But if you are Scooter, woo hoo, wait for it.  I know I am klutz, so I was putting the cap back on the water bottle.  But Trevor thought the cap was a game so, he jumped up at the bottle.  I lifted the bottle up by the cap, and of course, the bottle flew off and i was left with the cap. ..  But this isn't enough for me.  No, the bottle went flying and I tripped (over the dog) and stumbled into the room. The bottle flew down and wedged itself, upside down of course, between the wall and a case of wine.  The second case down, so I had to move a case to get to the (now empty) bottle.  The water has weakened the wine case, so it tore as I moved it to reach the water bottle.
.
So, for the price of your one water spill, I get a sopping wet floor, a torn wine case, a stepped on dog (still trying to get the bottle cap) and a couple of wine bottles - unbroken - on the floor.
.
And that, ladies and germs, is a world class klutz.