Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Greetings from China

I have had a little extra time, so I have been able to visit from Temples with Eddie. This is from the Temple of Heaven.
.
So the games have been fabulous. We watched the Men’s Gymnastics Team finals today, it was great! I leave it to Ed to commentate (from a letter to Jane)…
..
Hello Jane!!
.
Glad you have made it out and about a bit. It sounds like you are mending according to plan.

.
As for Trevor, we gave him key to the place, and told him to take the doormen for a walk on occasion.    Actually, our friend Randy is house sitting. Trev loves Randy, so I'm sure he's fine. When Scott was still home I insisted on talking to Trevor on the phone, but it apparently was just confusing for him, so I've stopped.
.
Soooo today we went and saw the men's gymnastic team finals. The US team has two alternates on it now, so the hopes for a medal were slim. It was incredibly exciting!! Our boys did very well until the end, and without the benefit of a commentator (or a calculator), both Scott and I thought that they had lost out on a medal to Germany. In the end they got the bronze, and it was a ton of fun. The Chinese gymnasts were awesome. They blew everyone else away for the gold.

.
Then, in another surreal moment, I got to meet the entire US team with medals around their necks, as they came to our studios to do an interview. I played it very cool, and merely went for the congratulatory handshake rather than the "group hug" photo. (note: probably good that Scooter wasn't there :-)


.
feel better
Ed..

The Chinese have been very nice to everyone - and it is awfully hot.