Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lynn goes Zen without power (then goes non-Zen)

(From Lynnie)
.
Due to a BIG wind storm I’ve been without electricity since Sunday afternoon.  The first day it was annoying (not devastating like Galveston but nonetheless annoying)…finding flashlights and batteries, candles and matches, getting the garage door open manually and all that jazz.  The second day (after finally scoring bags of ice at a remote filling station and the last 2 coolers at the local market) was kind of zenish … candlelight, soooo quiet, lots more dog petting, neighbors gathering and helping each other out (sharing meals etc.), and anyone who has to do something with their hair looks just as bad as I do.  The third day, back to annoying.  I will admit that’s largely because it’s the season premiere of House tonight and I was going to be really annoyed if I didn’t get to tape it.  But the gods are with me and there is now power…let there be light
.
(Then from Gavin)
.
I would have went crazy.
.
(Now from me....  I would have went crazy too.  Three hours is too long without power.  I can't imagine 3 days.  Especially on floor 37!