Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Well, Quite the Play Time Here in the Grand Apple

So I have seen a lot of plays lately.
.
Tonight I will see "Boy's Live".
.
It is a revivial and Jason Biggs (from American Pie) is in the show.  It should be cool.  It hasn't been revivied in a big way on Broadway, since it was done in 1982.
.
I have read a couple of things about it and everyone is excited about seeing it.  I got tickets via the site where I write reviews.  So it should be up soon.
.
Last night I went and saw a farce called "Love Child" which was a late night (10PM) show on a borrowed stage that was actually quite funny for most of the show.  It kind of dribble at the end a little like Saturday Night sketches that don't know how to wrap it up.
.

The show I saw before that was A Body of Water with Christine Lahti (from Chicago Hope).  I reviewed it online here.  It wasn't really something I would ever go and see - it sounds too weird, but I really really liked it.
.
It is all "What is the meaning of live?"
.
"Why are we here?"
.
"Where are my shoes?"
.
But, go figure, I liked it a lot.
.
.
.
.
And then there was All My Sons with Katie Holmes, John Lithgow, Dianne Wiest and Patrick Wilson.
.
I didn't review it for the web site, but I LOVED IT!!!!
.
I confess I haven't seen much in the way of Arthur Miller (blah blah blah Attention MUST  be paid... blah blah).  But I was struck but the timelyness and emotion of this.
.
The reviews for this have been all over the map alternatly loving and hating on John Lithgow, Dianne Wiest and katie Holmes (Patrick Wilson seems to come out unscathed in all the reviews).  It was, like, totally cool.