Thursday, October 23, 2008

You know, let me say this about those assholes that continue to call me and those like me Un-American

This UnAmerican thing is lousy, divisive and I call Bullshit.
.
Not to blow my own horn, but I will more that stack up my Pro-American and pro-good guy credentials against anyone any time.
.
This year I have donated time and / or money as follows:
.
1) $250 to Kettering Cancer Hospital (supporting an INC marathon runner (Wayne Malone)
2) $250 to local AIDs support in Chicago (supporting Ron Peake's run walk)
3) $1000 + to help send school kids to Washington DC from Indio
4) $200+ to Mozambique support via WorldVision International - a big Christian Charity that wouldn't hire me as a homo
5) $200+ to a Mongolian Orphan Family via Christine Nobel foundation
6) Over $2000 in small loans via Kiva to families in Cambodia, Peru, Ecuador and Afghanistan
7) Time and money to deliver notes, care packages and local goods to Marines Staff Sgt. Jamie Parker, Lt. Chris Parks and PFC Greg Otis in Iraq.
8) I donating money to UCLA for scholarships
9) I donated over $500 to programs in New York that sponsor theater for underprivileged school children (I used to do this in LA at the Ahmanson because I benefited from just such a program).
.
That doesn't count the local "buy my kids candy, wrapping paper, March of Dimes poster" stuff that I do because it is a good community thing to do.
.
That's off the top of my head from this year and doesn't include disaster relief like we had done in Katrina, 9-11 or the Tsunami. I am not saying this as a "great for Scooter" or a "good for homos" or anything. I would just like those two assholes John McCain and Sarah Palin to stop calling me an elitist who doesn't do anything for the country. And stop calling only people in small towns and Red States Pro-American.
.
I know no one who isn't pulling for this country to get better and for them to insinuate that those of us not committed to Gramps and his hot mama are less American than he is, well that is wrong. What if his fans, believers or voters watch that and decide we are less than American. That we are somehow terrorists or palling around with terrorists. WHAT ARE THEY DOING!!!
.
Just because we are voting differently than they demand does not make us UnAmerican. And, as I stated, I call total Bullshit on them.