Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Net is Annoying and... Lovely..

Well, sometimes the web jumps out and grabs you. Something I didn't know they had. Today, while investigating Hitler's One Big Ball, I found this. Honestly I didn't know anyone besides me had it.
.
I have it on some VHS video - one of only 1 or2 I still have. It only means something to people older than Ed . It is Bette Midler on the last real Johnny Carson show.
.
On the last ever Johnny Carson show, it was a scheduled tribute and clip show. But the night before, on the penultument Johnny Carson show, Robin Williams and Bette Midler were the guests. Robin was hilarious, and Bette was freakin amazing. She sang Miss Otis Regrets, then sang a poem ditty. But the thang, the coup d'ville, as it were, was One For The Road she sang at the very end of the show.
.
If you remember Johnny, this means something to you. If you are a kid like my Eddie, it doesn't. So here it is for the old folks....
.