Sunday, February 01, 2009

Frost / Nixon

Eddie and I saw Frost / Nixon this morning / afternoon.
.
I really liked it. And I saw the Stage Show. I was amazed that Ron Howard did such a good job of opening the show without just making it busy.
.
Ron had a very light touch in this movie, which I don't normally attribute to Ron. I mean I thought his Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind and others like The De Vinchi Code were not directed lightly. In this movie he totally let the actors breath and pause.
.
He is lucky because he had great actors in Frank Langellica and Michael Sheen. And he brought in some great people new to the show including Kevin Bacon, Sam Rockwell and Oliver Platt. It was a very good movie (again though, not best of the year) - but if you didn't get a chance to see the stage play - this is great (maybe better).