Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Did you know Maine has Puffins!!


I am going up to Maine for a week at the end of September (in an RV - hey I am off work for a while and I thought it would be fun!).
.
So in looking at things to do, I find that Maine has Puffins!
.
I am surprised.
.
Apparently the Atlantic Puffin is endangered, and there aren't a lot of them. And I won't see any (they roost, hatch the babies and fly off by mid-August), but still, I am surprised.
.
One of the most entertaining things Eddie and I did in Iceland was go on a Puffin Cruise. And now I find they have similar ones in Maine (only more hit or miss if you see a Puffin. In Iceland they were thick as thieves!).
.
Okay, that's all.
.
Oh.. the RV thing? I know, but it should be fun and I will be over it for another 30 years.