Friday, August 07, 2009

Today's Forecast: Early Morning Crazy, Followed by Afternoon Sun

I gotta say, some days the crazies are out freaking early.
.
I was walking Trevor this morning at 8AM and first we past a man busily sorting stuff from one of his bags to the other. He held up each (nothing) shined it -or maybe petted it, hard to know as the objects were only in his mind - and then put it in the other bag.
.
Harmless, but odd.
.
Later, Trevor and I are walking and he is marking trees (as he does) and I am scanning ahead of us. You know Trevor's faithful protector, on the lookout for other dogs - how our roles have reversed from the dogs that used to hang out around the campfire and warn us humans. Anywho, about 3 trees up, I see some crazy guy "hiding" behind a sapling. As we give him wide birth, he jumps out from behind the tree he comes to full attention and salutes Trevor. Trevor just looked at him, nodded and continued on. The man finished the salute and returned to his hiding place.
.
For a moment I wondered if Trevor gave the guy a mental "At ease". But then I stopped. Down that road is Crazy Town, and it appears to be full.