Sunday, September 06, 2009

Someday my Prince will come....

Oh my god! It looked like a UCLA team, it really did.
.
Sure, we were wet behind the ears and not as sharp as we could be. But it was the first game. And, all due credit to the Mascot of the Month (turns out it is bad luck), we have a real Quarter Back again.
.
I mean, a real, red-shirt frshman - pull the ball out and toss it down field like a Bruin, QB! His first throw of the game. His first throw in college... His first throw since the fall of 2007 when he was in High School was a 40 yard toss and caught easily.
.
This is Kevin Prince, the first red-shirt freshman to start since Cade McNown!
.
Our offensive averaged 5.2 yards a play!!! That's a Bruin team. Sure he fumbled twice in the first half and threw two interceptions in the secondhalf, but it was his first game.
.
You know Angelinos, we prefer to throw up points and lose rather than win a 3 -0 defensive battle (remember how I bitched about Karl Dorrel after that one!!!!).
.
Anyway I remember I have to give Ricky Neuheisel another yearwithout bitching as he is a new coach, but I give him kudos right now. It's fun to be a Bruin again..



Oh My God!!! It looked like UCLA, it really did.