Sunday, December 13, 2009

So Long Uncle Timo: Updated


So this is my Uncle Timo. He was my mom's brother - and this is a picture of him and his daughter Elise (who has been out to NYC a couple of times).
.
He came to our house in the desert for his mother's 90th birthday.
.
I loved him like crazy. He took me to see Yellow Submarine. I have always looked a lot like him and followed in his foot steps.
.
Anyway, I don't want to go into it or anything, but I needed to share (and I share everything here).
.
My love to Elise, Alana (his daughters) and Connie (his wife). He was blessed to have them in his life - as I was to have him in mine.
.
****later***
.
It seems out of place and all to say good-bye here. But a) he meant a lot to me so I don't want to gloss over that. I have been freaked out and distant - so this helps explain what I have been going through....
.
But then on a different level, this isnt' the place to say good bye to a loved one. Hard as it may be to believe, my good bye is personal and heartfelt and not really shareable. My admiration for my uncle isn't easily put into words, but a feeling.
.
Remember when you were a kid - and you would meet a distant relative once (like a cousin or uncle or someone you didn't see all the time) and you were gob-smacked. You thought they were the COOLEST PERSON EVER. That was Timo. He was in college and a kid, bu he got to hang out with the adults, and still had time to talk to me and treat me like I wasn't 8 or 9 - but like I was a real guy. That was Timo. And he grew older, but didn't seem to grow old.
.
And I miss him - but this isn't the place to mourn. I do that much more internally. So... well.. whatever.