Thursday, February 04, 2010

Went to a reading from Trouble: The Musical last night


So, a friend of mine is the co-artistic director for a new theater group (NYLon), and they had a new musical run-through / reading last night.
.
This is where, very early in the life of a show, they get actors to read the script and sing the songs to get feedback from a live audience.
.
First of all, I was a teeny tiny bit late (10 minutes) and the place was packed - which I hadn't expected.
.
The piece was really fun, despite the name. It is a teen-age angsty piece about 6 friends and I liked it. Some of the singing was a tad week and overwhelmed by a rather enthusiastic piano - but 3 of the singers were KICK ASS and it was really cool to watch.
.
Anyway, this was a new thing for me, and I liked it a lot.