Wednesday, June 23, 2010

With apologies to my friends that have them, but...




These are silly and not sexy. And the latest craze in New York. Sandalboots.
.
Not the Sandalboot with a heel, which - while silly - is marginally less objectionable. No, I refer to the Sandalboot flat which is truly a tribute to marketing savvy over common sense.
.
They only possible reason to wear these is that you have some hideous rash on your cankle that needs fresh air to recover.
.
I admit, the first time I saw these, I said, "Humm. Those are kind of cute." And then - 3 seconds later - I thought, "Well dumb and cute." And 30 seconds later - after encountering my 12th pair - and they thunk thunk thunk'ed in front of me. my opinion moved on to "Nope. Just dumb."
They look like an old lady that wears socks with her sandals. They have the odd ability to make you look shorter, with fat ankles and heavier. Remember when pregnant women would bitch about how their ankles would swell up up and made them feel fat. You do remember? Then don't do it on purpose because some marketing man told you to!
.
My god, even crocs are better than these things - these add uncomfortable to ugly. (Really, if it is warm enough to wear open toes, are your ankles freezing?)
.
But if you have them and loved them more power to you. You are definitely dressing for your friends, because men will tell you they are silly.