Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Not D&G Underwear, but a story none the less...

So rather than rant about politics today, I thought I would relate the importance of checking the size on new clothes before you go to work. I recently purchased a bunch of new underwear.
.
You know, there was a sale and I tried some new fundies. In this case, the “some new underwear” was in the “tighty-whitey” style (Y-Fronts for the Brits), but with a pouch for your junk. The pouch is important because I don’t like my junk squished against me, I like a little wiggle room for the boys (so to speak).
.
Well the new underwear is really comfortable and I have been wearing it for a while and I like it. Yesterday, I slapped a pair on after my shower, got dressed and headed out, walking to work.
.
I wasn’t far before I knew something was amiss. These were a little too snug. I blamed the humidity (I blame the humidity for everything else why not this).
.
As the day progress, I realized that – although I was stretching out the underwear a little, things weren’t getting better. As a matter of fact, as I warmed up from my shower, the pouch was getting snugger and snugger.
.
While I have no complaints in the junk department (well except for the random “unreliability” issues – but I blame the other party when that occurred – I digress). Anyway, I am honest enough to know that while I am pleasantly endowed, I am not normally overflowing the normal junk pouch – and there was nothing exciting going on. Indeed, there were definitely other forces at work here. So, after my ass spent the better part of the morning eating my skiveys, I went to the restroom stall to see what the hell was going on.
.
Turns out that while pulling my order for underwear, a size S for Small was included in the batch – and I never noticed. After being amazed that I even got it around my waist (I attribute it to slick skin after the shower) I wondered what to do.
.
Now I live 2 blocks from home – but I was in meetings all day. And the excuse, “Sorry I put the wrong underwear on today” just doesn’t seem acceptable as an excuse to go home. And so, I shoved my junk in the little pouch, pulled it back up my ass and made do until the quitting bell. Then I walked uncomfortably (and probably unattractively) home and threw it away.