Friday, August 27, 2010

I hate to dwell: But why a Civet?

Okay, I hate to dwell on this whole Civet-crap Coffee thang, but I wonder, why a Civet.?
.
Now, I can assume that Civet is the only animal around Indonesia that is large enough to pass coffee beans through it's system undigested.
.
But... if you are going to feed a Civet coffee beans for Civet-Crap Coffee - then is there not a unique business opportunity space of other-animal crap coffee.
.
For example, elephants pass all kinds of things through their system. They are like the mulchers of Africa. Do they eat coffee beans?
.
Dogs eat and pass all kinds of crap - ask any owner. Could you have dog-crap coffee. More over, would terrier-crap coffee be significantly different than Labrador-Crap Coffee (I KNOW Labs will eat anything!).
.
Finally - well you know I have to ask - what about human-poop coffee? (Notice I didn't say people-crap so as not to offend). If we don't roast and then crunch the bean, would we pass it? Hell we pass corn.
.
Bear with me here. Isn't this an opportunity for the unemployable among us? I mean even the most temporarily displaced (homeless) needs to eat. What if they could eat and make money? Hell, we are Americas - we already have the technology to pick the beans out of excrement.
.
That is opportunity knocking kids!