Friday, February 25, 2011

Yoga Yesterday

So, yesterday Eddie and I went to Yoga for the first time.  As it turns out the pictured guy (Keith) was our teacher (this is the "pose of the month".  It is a 6 week class and we wanted to go to get more flexible and stretch - so it is great.
.
Now, as to what we thought, it was pretty good.  Lots of stretching and breathing work.  It turns out some simple things (say for example, "child's pose") are a helluva lot hard when you first start than you expect.  My feet cramped up and the instructor's assistant (Linda) kept coming by and trying to get my hips lower.  They don't go lower.
.
It's funny - some of the post Yoga stretches were the same as aerobics - and I can still does those with ease -  so I am hoping I learn the rest fairly easily.  PS - No meditation or Sanskrit yet.  The six week starter includes mainly breathing and poses.  Ancient Indian Secrets come later.
.
ps - And yes he is just about that smilely.