Thursday, May 19, 2011

And sometimes your age just SMACKS you in the fache

So....
.
As we all remember, a friend got tickets for me to see King Lear.  They were free - so no complaints - I enjoyed the hell out of the show.
.
But...
.
Well, the friend who got me the tickets is much younger than I.  In fact, I am older than his mother (whom I have meet - wonderful woman).  This friend, let's call him "Sam" (because that is his name) got a set of tickets that I picked up.  So I had to meet some other people there - whom I did not know.
.
I get to BAM, and 2 lovely woman are there and say "Scott!?"  I smile and we exchange pleasantries when they sayith thus, "they think we are crazy.  WE have walked up to every white-haired man with glasses here and asked if they were Scott.  You're hair isn't that white."
.
Cut. Me. To. The.  (gulp) Quick.
.
White-haired man with glasses.  Is that how I am to be described now?  I thought "asshole" and "acidic wit" was more to the point.  But "white hair".  WHITE HAIR and glasses.  You know who fits that description.  Santa Claus without the beard.