Friday, May 27, 2011

I Don't Like Lining up with the Conservatives on the Supreme Court, but I Do On This One

We all know I don't think that Thomas Big-Boss-Tweed Scalia,Clarence I'll-Have-What-He's-Having Thomas and Sam I-Am-the-Hammer Alito have the country's best interests at heart, but I agree with them here.
You see,  the law here was written to pertain to companies that repeatedly hire illegal workers.  It requires at least 2 consecutive events with a written warning in between.  And it revokes a company's business license.  If we, as a nation, are actually serious about stemming illegal immigration, this is the only way to do it.
.
Current "fines" are trivial.  Any arrests are against local managers, not the firms.  It is a system designed to exploit illegals and enrich absent owners.  This law actually goes after the companies that hire these workers.
.
Prepare to pay more for fruit and restaurants - and then we can have a true discussion of cost vs. benefits of illegal workers and how to treat them humanly, or discourage immigration.