Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Alex Pettyfer must be a difficult person

So... Alex Pettyfer has kind of a bad rap.  He is, supposedly, arrogant, rude and narcissistic.  He must be truly worse in person.
.
Because, clearly it has affected the reviews of his movies.  I watched "I Am Number Four" on the plane, and kind of liked it.  I have talked to other people who liked it as well.
.
I mean it's no war and peace, but for a teen coming-of-age, sci-fi action romance, it was more than acceptable.  Granted it opened with a lot (a LOT) of gratuitous Pettyfer skin shots - but if you are aiming at teen-age girls (and lecherous old guys) then that's not normally a problem for reviewers.
.
But it got HORRIBLE reviews.  I mean kiss of death dreadful reviews.  I kind of have to assume that he rubbed everyone the wrong way.  Particularly after I read one of his gracious interviews.  Really, if you want to read a PRETENTIOUS interview, read this from the I Am Number Four press tour.
.
I think he must be a tool.  Plus, Dianna Agron dumped his ass, and she is sweet (Quin from Glee) - so I blame him.  And - perhaps worse of all from my point of view, he lives in LA and hates it, loudly and often in interviews - so he should take his annoying little ass back to England.  I mean a lot of people hate LA - but you have to underplay it a little.
.
Even amazing 21 year old abs don't make up for trashing my town.