Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Silly Citi

As you know, I was part of the Citi Bank layoff a few years ago (yes I got a raise and 9 months pay after being laid off, so I am not too bitter - in the big scheme of things).
.
Well Citi didn't like their shares in the single digit range (plus they hovered on being taken out of indexes) so they did a 10 for 1 reverse split.  Because I have a lot of semi-worthless Citi shares, I was cashed out for some of my "rounded" shares.
.
A few weeks- ago, I got a few hundred out of the whole shin-ding.  Returning from vacation, I found 2 more checks from Citibank with regards to this.  Horray - free money.  1 for $0.16 and 1 for $0.31.  Yes 2 checks for a total of 47 cents.  I am sure it cost more to cut the checks than 47 cents.  And, since I bank at Citi, they have to process it.  And, for some odd reason Citibank puts a hold on all Citibank checks.
.
Silly Citi.