Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wow Macbeth is confusing

So I am going to see Sleep No More Again.  Why?  Well, I liked it and I think there is more to see.  PS - the picture is how you see it.  You wear these masks and watch like ghostly stalkers.
.
So this time, I wanted to understand more of Macbeth.  So I went to Wikipedia and read the overview (and yes Miss Hunt, teacher, I know I can't use Wikipedia as a quoted source).  Anywho....
.
Macbeth is very confusing.  His wife's a nag that convinces him to kill people, then whines about it and then is killed / kills herself offstage?  The witches speak in  riddles that he ignores?  Although I did finally get why there is a forest upstairs in the "hotel".
.
Banquo is an accomplice and an enemy?  Macduff has no relation to the loverly quote "lead on.."  And Macguffin isn't even in this shows (that is a little Hitchcock joke for those of you keeping track at home).  A Prince is named "Fleance" (which I hope is NOT pronounced flea-ants) and a "Thane" is a real title and not just something from the Lord of the Rings.
.
Perhaps it wasn't jusy the drink that was confusing last time.