Friday, September 23, 2011

Apparently Republicans love soldiers - unless they are gay

So, there was another Republican Debate last night.  In case you missed it, this is Army Solider Stephen Hill - who volunteered to go to Iraq.  He is gay and he had to lie to serve his country. He asked if the candidates would "do anything to circumvent the progress that's been made for gay and lesbian soldiers".
.
Well that brought on loud Boo's from the audience.
.
Really.  Damn, Republicans hate fags!  I mean when you boo a solider who is risking his life - because he doesn't lie anymore - you have some weird ass priorities.
.
So, to recap;
.
.
- Republicans cheer when a governor has more executions that any other state. (Debate 2)
- Republicans cheer the idea of a 30 year old without insurance being left to die (Debate 3)
- Republicans boo a solider because he is gay and wants to serve his country (Debate 4)
.
Republicans are not evil, but they are sure given themselves some bad press.
.
FYI: A Note: I am not "All Gay, All The Time".  That is neither how I feel about myself, nor how I present myself.  But Nincompoopery does give me a chance to vent a little.  So rather than take my annoyance out on the street - or my honey - I tend to let it blow off here. And, if Republicans Candidates would just shut up about what pieces of dirt we are,. then we could all move on.