Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I try to help where I can...


Honourable Governor Perry
State Texas
West of the State of Denial, and South of the State of Confusion

Dear Governor Perry,

You have, along with your predecessor the Right Honourable President George W. Bush (the 43rd), the uniquely Texan character trait (I would never say “flaw”) to be unable to admit when you are wrong.  If you said it, then it must be true.

While the previously mentioned President Bush has a documented problem with this (we all remember the unfortunate “Mission Accomplished” fiasco), I am here to proffer my services to you to avoid just such a fate.  I am willingly, nay – eager, to make this suggestion in order to make your, heretofore fact-challenged, pronouncement valid.  

I speak, of course, with regards to your flights of fancy that Global Climate Change is “unsettled” – and schemers arise weekly to “study” this “crisis” in search of grant funds.  Despite multiple requests to name said experts, you can come up with none.

And here is where I can do you a solid, sir!  

I have a degree from University of California at Los Angeles in Geography and Economics.  Texas wildfires have recently burnt an area the size of Connecticut, just as Texas cities have suffered through their longest period of 100+ plus weather in history.  I have the background to study this, at a sum of money that is completely outrageous when quoted – but a drop in the bucket compared to the $55,000,000 your PAC (strike that) an  independent Political Action Committee is  rumoured to be prepared to spend on your coronation (strike that) the election.

I realize that you are currently fighting this whim of nature with all your considerable resources – you have had both a 3 day prayer fest, as well as the Houston Prayer-a-paloza – and I am not offering my services as any type of fire fighter.  Nay, I am proffering to study Texas Climate Change for an outrageous sum of money to lend credence to your statement that climate change is  unsettled because people are still raising vast sums of money to study it.

Of course, my proffer doesn’t make your statement valid.  You stated on multiple occasions "there are a substantial number of scientists who have manipulated data so that they will have dollars rolling into their projects."  Until dollars are literally “rolling in”, your statement is categorically false.  As for my being a “scientist”, really – people who question evolution aren’t going to be hung up on the technical definition of “scientist.”

$ go in little car.
little car "rolls" in
.
As for “rolling in” I have plans for this as well (see figure on right).

I eagerly await a call from your big oil enablers (strike that) independent Texan Research Grant providers to come to an adequate compensation plan.  I believe $500,000 for a 6 month study – where I also employee 3 Texan research assistants (at 50 cents more that minimum wage) will fit the requirements we both have.  I will literally roll the money in the door and will have magically created  more Texas Jobs.

Your Servant (as we all will be soon).
Scott