Tuesday, October 11, 2011

At least now I know why it was so far back in the closet.


Today was a dressing disaster.  First, I overslept.  And, kind of on purpose.  I mean I set the alarm for 7:45 instead of 7:30, and while I am not too OCD about most things, I am freakish about time.  So I felt like I was running late.
.
Then, I pulled on a pair of brown pants from the closet.  See, herein lies problem 1.  The closet has one of those energy saving compact florescent lights.  So I put on a white shirt with brown accents, pulled the dog together (its Pets At Play day) and started out – already late.
.
My pant's color
was Muddy-er
Before leaving, a take quick look in the hall mirror to be sure everything is okay.  The hall has normal light, and I realize that my “brown” pants are really muddy green.  And my shirt (which does have brown accents) looks like hell with these pants.  So I have to scurry back in and chance the shirt.
.
I can’t really find a shirt that goes with muddy green.  And now Trevor is complaining that I overslept and he actually DOES have a time limit folks.  And I see a shirt, pressed and all, towards the back of the closet.  It’s Ed’s shirt, but it will work. So I put it on and go out.
.
And it is flouncy.  Now I know why Ed doesn’t wear it.  It is a soft cotton, with worn in stripes kind of faded.  I am sure it looked good in the catalogue, but here on the street it looks a little like a Pyjama top.  And not in a good way.  Not Shang Hai Tan’s PJ top, but kind of K-Mart PJ top.  Now, nothing wrong with K-Mart PJs, but not for work.
.
I drop off the dog, get to work and roll up my sleeves.  I always roll up my sleeves.  Really.  Always.  I hate long sleeves, but you have to wear them to work – I hate the look of short sleeve dress shirts even more.  So I roll up all my shirts as my computer loads the basics every morning.  But the PJ sleeves are huge.  Like clown sleeves, like Pirate Sleeves - but without the cool front ruffle.  
.
I unroll the sleeves and button them instead.
.
Worse!  Now the clown sleeves flounce as I get coffee.  I mean these sleeves enter the coffee room moments before I do.  I finally figured out how to roll them up.  I buttoned that little extra button halfway up the sleeve opening (the one that isn’t used for anything!) and it keeps the sleeves tight enough to not look idiotic.
.
I am throwing this damn shirt away as soon as I get home.  And the muddy green pants may not be far behind.