Thursday, October 06, 2011

I (don't ) Feel Pretty - Puppy Edition

Well, I was playing with Trevor last night.  Roughhousing.  And I started it.
.
He doesn't fetch well - okay he "fetch"es fine, but he won't give it up when he is done - so "fetch" turns into 1 throw and keep away.  Sidebar... I always wanted one of those dogs that got the ball and brought it back AND dropped it.  Trevor doesn't drop it.
.
Sidebar, continued... On the other hand, some of my friends' dogs play fetch and I tend to get bored after about hour 6, so perhaps it is all for the best.
.
Anyway, I rough-house with the dog.  I did it with Hastings before Trevor (Ashford was never a rough-houser) and its kind of "our thing".  He loves it. And sometimes I quit and he wins, and sometimes I give him a stomach zerbert and I win.
.
And last night I gave him a stomach zerbert, and he twisted to get away, and nipped me on the nose.  It's not bad, and there is a little scratch on the outside of my schnoz.  But he scraped the inside of my nose... turns out and inside nose scratch bleeds.
.
A lot!!
.
I spent most of the night with cotton pads shoved up my nose, breathing through my mouth, making even more noise than I usually do.  It is better today, but I can't blow my nose at work.