Monday, October 03, 2011

Saw Zarkana This week-end (at Private Room in Radio City Music Hall)


So this week-end I went with a friend to see Zarkana (Cirque du Soleil) at Radio City Music Hall.
.
It was preceded by a great dinner / drinks reception in the private dining room / apartment high above the stage.  Eddie and I had seen the room before, on an Open House New York tour of the building.  But this time there were 8 of us for drinks and dinner and it was faboo!  Eddie didn't go, since the Badgers were playing Nebraska on TV (and kicked their ass!).
.
The Private Apartment (picture from the bar area, Dining Room behind us.
The room and the dinner company was great.  I had a wonderful time.
.
As for Zarkana.  It was pretty good (we had, like 3rd row seats).  However, it has to be a bad show for the back of Radio City - which is huge and far from the stage.
.
Take this "Hand Balancer" in the picture - from the 3rd row he was amazing.  I am thinking from Row 35 or the balcony - not so much.
Hand Balancing - fine from row 3, but probably not great from further back.

My other one whine (disappointment) was no wheel of death!  It is in the pictures and I didn't see it.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Wheel of Death.  I saw it in Vegas (Ka!) and so want to do this.
No Wheel of Death in this show.
The one other thing about the show was that it was really "busy".  Like it was built for short attention span people.

Otherwise, I had a great time - and came home to Eddie - who was happy as a clam with the Badgers Shucking Corn.