Monday, December 12, 2011

How Awful Do I Look?

Wow.  There are times when one's self-image runs smack into reality. This week-end was one such time.
.
I get to live in a delusional world where I am still funny, and charming and not hideous - at least I get to live there most of the time.  Now, when I was a youth I was occasionally (okay - more than occasionally) reminded that what I thought was funny and charming was quite often witty and borderline rude.  But I normally had the smile and graciousness to get out of it, or at least I was cute enough to where people pretended to forgive me.
.
Then this week-end I went to Aldona's for a Christmas Party / Birthday Party for her mom (turning 93).  Here is a picture of us all on the couch.  I look vile.  Disgusting. Like Homer Simpson.
.
PS - I tried throwing up after dinner since then.  Turns out no gag reflex does have its drawbacks.